1 APRIL 2022

Ukraine Info: First days in Malta, from the Honorary Consulate of Ukraine in Malta

This is information shared by the Honorary Consulate of Ukraine in Malta. The Malta Refugee Council has not verified this information, and is attempting to obtain clarifications on key issues that remain unclear.


At first opportunity, we recommend visiting the vaccination centre with any certificates to see if you need any more vaccinations and obtain an EU digital COVID certificate.

Location of location: L-Università ta' Malta, Msida, MSD 2080, Gateway
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.

It is very important to have with you any information about vaccination.

I.P.A. (International Protection Agency)

It is recommended to register in this agency as soon as possible after arriving in Malta.

You will need to have all the travel documents you have and dates - departure from Ukraine and arrival to Malta (Passport, birth certificate), Maltese phone number, address where you live in Malta (or currently staying) and if possible, what travel documents or tickets you used to get to Malta.

For this, you need to sign up for IPA by sending an email to: frontoffice@ipa.government.mt or call the phone number: +356 2125 5257.

IPA registration will make your stay in Malta legal and give you the right to most of the benefits offered to refugees in Malta.

Fafner House, TriqNazzjonali Ħamrun,HMR 9011 

Health care

With an IPA issued certificate, you will be eligible for free healthcare. If you don't register for IPA, you will have to use your own health insurance or pay for your own services.

There are several public health centers in Malta, so please call this number to find out the location near you: +356 21 231 231

Main hospital: Mater Dei Hospital, Triq Dun Karm, L-Imsida, MSD2090

Emergency number: 112


Once you register your stay in IPA, children and adolescents are entitled to continue their studies in the state education system.

In case of submitting documents for training for immigrants from Ukraine, it is necessary to provide the following documents:

The statement along with copies of documents can be scanned and sent email to Meds@gov. mt or personally at servizz. gov at:

Education Building in Floriana.Ministry for EducationGreat Siege Road, Floriana


If you have been offered a job in Malta, you must register in the authorities. You will need to provide a copy of the IPA certificate to your employer who needs to register you as their employee.

Don't start work without registration. This is illegal in Malta.

You can also try to find employment opportunities through Jobs Plus.

For more information call: +356 21255153


You can ask about the housing offered by AWAS(Agency for the Welfare of Asylum Seekers).

Block C, Belt is-sebh Floriana FRN 1700

If you have any further questions, call: +356 9919 7792 or send a message to our email help@ucc.org. mt or visit our Facebook page.

This is a post of several where the Malta Refugee Council will be giving news and updates on the situation of Ukrainians here and on how they may be protected.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any info you would like to share or if you need any assistance.


Established with the kind support of the Dutch Refugee Council